nopin

Monday, August 31, 2009

Misc Photos

Linden watching me stack wood on the porch:


Autumn finds the sight less riveting:


Here are my moose curtains! I did moose curtains in the kitchen! Yes, I did! Moose! Curtains!




The rest of the windows got yellow curtains. My friend Peter mightily approved.

They have exactly the desired effect--like bright sunshine!

Here are some of my friends at my housewarming/post comps party:


There was ample food:


And storytelling:


The sillypants twins, when they get tired:






Autumn avoids them and their antics, and tucks herself into a corner:


It was a great housewarming/post comps party! And, I'm most pleased to report, I only have ONE serving of leftover chili to eat! Thank goodness! When I came downstairs Saturday morning to that giant pile of beans I had soaked, I had an immediate image of eating chili for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for a week!

9 comments:

Christy Mesker said...

I LOVE the moose curtains!!!

mdr said...

The moose curtain is cheery and Alaskan, it hangs like some boy's boxer :-) The yellow ones are nice too. You did a good job with those cloth.

Very glad to see you have fun in the party.

Arvay said...

Moose shorts! I should totally make myself some moose shorts! Too bad they don't have that print in flannel. I could make moose pajamas! (that's pyjamas for you, Deb!)

Rena said...

Oh my god - a log cabin, moose curtains, Alaskan beer??
All you need now is the husky dog and the snowshoes hanging from a peg on the outside of your house....oh wait.

Any vestiges of California left in you, ha ha!??

Well one way or the other, you're lookin good! Great photos, and those doggies sure look pooped. Hope the comp exam results come back with good marks.

Arvay said...

They sell Alaskan beers in the Sili Valley, and not just at specialty shops. I've seen them at Safeway. They are quite good, especially the Winter. I wonder if they are brewing Winters yet? Anyway, one vestige of California that will never, ever leave me is a balanced appreciation of good food. Don't you worry. :)

Oh, I should take a photo of my shed for you, though. It has caribou antler handles on the door. I love it! :)

mdr said...

A yellow tie-back matching with the yellow color on the moose curtain will be really nice on all the curtains. Bright, cheery but not too noisy as other colors might make.

mdr said...

I went to MV's Farmer's Market last Sunday, LOTS and LOTS of fruits/vegetables. What do you think?

Arvay said...

I agree! The Mountain View Farmer's market does have lots and lots of fruits and vegetables! This is a good time of year for melons and corn!

Debs said...

LOL Arvay! We could just call them PJs to avoid international confusion.