nopin

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Photos from the Fair

So first of all, I must report that yes, they did have churros, and they made them fresh, piping the dough into the hot oil. And they were delicious.

And this is a corn dog. And I love them. And I did not have one due to limited stomach capacity and prioritization of same. By the way, I had the most delicious, sweet-jeebus-on-a-flat-wooden-stick, dee-lish-usssss corn dog ever at this roadside drive-up burger stand in Delta Junction after my Donnelly Dome hike with M. I don't recall the name of the place, but it's making my mouth water again just thinking about it. Seriously.

And this is a funnel cake. Again, I did not have one. Sorry, Jaykay. I know I seem to be failing you on so many counts today, but the fire-roasted corn and the giant churro had to take precedence.

Now here are the photos!

The current top giant cabbage, 43.03 pounds (that's a quarter for scale):


The cabbage contestants:


Grand vegetable prize went to these crazy onions:


Some prize-winning zucchini:


Here is a veggie monster. Isn't he cute?


Another veggie monster. I love them!


The vegetable hall:


The flower exhibition:


Junk food heaven:


My favorite animal to photograph--the goats! They are totally checking me out.


Smiley goat snoot:


Sheep snoot:


Behbeh goat:


He was totally taken with this bunny:


Isn't his fascination cute?


Pig snoot:


Requisite goat-that-looks-like-an-alien photo:


And finally, a lamb snoot!

3 comments:

blogger said...

lovely and fantastic images..

Rena said...

Those cabbages are just.....words fail me. How in the world...?

I'm glad the air's cleaned up over there.

You and baby animals!

Arvay said...

I know you clicked on the lamb photo, enlarged him, and kissed your monitor!