nopin

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Attitudes on the Last Frontier...

I've tried off and on to convey the sorts of folks Fairbanks attracts. It's sort of humorous, sort of unnerving, and definitely unique. These are the types of folks who would help me push my car out of a muddy ditch when they see me standing forlornly by the side of a road, but also the types of folks who would run off a census worker (for being a government spy) with a shotgun. I can't describe it any better than by quoting, so here we have an article informing us that entrance in the Denali Road Lottery will now be online-only. My reaction? Shrug. Okay, it will be more inconvenient for old-timers who don't use the internet on a regular basis, but they can just go to the library to register. A different reaction?

According to online commenter SublimeMagic, in addition to the inconvenience this would cause, "there is a more sinister 'behind the scenes' agenda here - the Gov't wants everyone to stop using non-trackable currency and also to get everyone a digital fingerprint. It is coming folks, no tinfoil hat here. Just opened eyes and a sincere hope that more Americans get a dose of reality."

Also, also! The reason my reaction was just to shrug is that I, like most Americans, "wont mind the govt knowing exactly where they are, what they are spending on, who they talk to and what those conversations are about, basically every little bit of knolwedge that CAN or MAY be used against you. I prefer my privacy but the dang masses are too ignorant and I fear it is only a matter of time until the "it's for the children" micro chips become mandated by our nanny state govt. But yeah you just keep on expecting the govt to take care of you. It is the typical liberal agenda."

Wowza!

3 comments:

Melissa Bond Davis said...

OH MAN! I feel for you! about 25% of the people in the 30 mile radius (and everyone north of us) are like that too (small town in rural Idaho). The rough part is in my job I ask if they would like ebill or ez-online pay to receive a discount. OH MAN, its like telling them I'll give them a discount for selling their soul!

Arvay said...

Melissa! Hi! Great to... um... see you. :)

mdr said...

The government doesn't have to do more, those social network sites have done it (privacy exposure) for the government.