nopin

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Settling in to the new routine

When most people start new jobs, it's a whole new life--new commute, new office, new colleagues. Me, I have the same commute, I park in the same parking lot, my new office is the building next door to my old office, to which I run at least once a day, and I already know, and am in fact quite good friends with, over half of my 'new' colleagues. So... it's not all that terribly disruptive!

My schedule from now until fall will be more rigidly scheduled than I am used to. One weekend day each week will be a dedicated Thesis Day. One weekend morning each week will be dedicated to running up and down Ester Dome, in preparation for the Equinox. However, my weekday evenings will be free and easy. This weekend, being a 3-day weekend, also gives me another day of fun!

So I used my extra day to help JB of Pioneer Produce put her veggies into the ground. Her friend A comes from Maine to spend summers helping on the farm.

JB and A had spent the prior day planting, leaving only this left to do:

The other Very Important Job was to keep throwing this slimy root for Annabelle to fetch:

Half-planted beds:

I focused on brassicas--cabbages, brussels sprouts, and broccoli--my personal favorites!

Under the watchful eye of our foredog:

C'est finis!

By the way, I have splurged, and now have a teapot, tea cup, and tea stash in every place I work, THE WAY THE GOOD LORD GOD INTENDED.

8 comments:

mdr said...

Glad you got a new set of tea tool.

Rena said...

Nice looking dirt!
Didn't know you were planning on doing the Equinox this year. How cool!

Anonymous said...

Too. much. time. on. your. hands.

Arvay said...

@Anonymous May 28, 2012 10:31 AM:

Three things:

1) Isn't consistently reading a blog that upsets you a waste of time? Wasting time for joy is one thing (although, it's arguably not a 'waste' to help a friend), but wasting time to upset yourself it just sheer stupidity.

2) Don't you feel silly when you change your screen name, or try to be 'anonymous', but don't block your IP address?

3) Doesn't! unconventional* punctuation? take# a* lot$ of: time&

mdr said...

Whoever thought you had a lot of time didn't necessarily mean negative. People often make mindless comments without thinking too much, I myself sometimes did that too, and did you ever think that person could be envious of your free time?

mdr said...

Now I think I might know whom that is, and if I guessed it right, I can answer the questions for that person.

1) Reading your blog consistently is because of thinking about you and this is often the only way to communicate with you and knowing you are well

2) Yeah, that was stupid

3) What? what? I didn't really understand the question

Arvay said...

@mdr: You have a very kindly way of looking at things!

Jean said...

Yeah commenting. about. having. too. much. time. with. periods. between. words. is actually like pointing a finger at someone while really pointing three fingers back at oneself.

Anonymous. obviously. has. even. more. time. on. their. hands! LOL!!!! Though they choose to waste their time on meaningless grammatically incorrect periods rather than using their time supporting the system that puts food on all of our tables.

Maybe - Anonymous was just trying to make fun of themselves!!!! That I totally get!