nopin

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Happy Chinese Easter!

Yesterday was a hallowed tradition chez moi--Chinese Easter! I bought a half-price ham on Monday, after full-priced rest-of-the-world Easter, and yesterday, I put it in the oven, along with some potatoes with olive oil and onions, put out a plate of cheese and crackers, and invited guests to round out the meal with veggies and sides. For I think the first time in grad student party history, we had a lot of healthy and nutritious veggies, including a wilted kale and sweet potato salad, a crisp lettuce salad, roasted veggies, and a winter squash cobbler for dessert! Winter squash courtesy of the farmer who had grown it!

We also had... *drumroll, please*... Fifteen humans and three dogs in my wee tiny cabin!

I forgot to take photos, but here is what I had for breakfast this morning:


Mmmm roast veggies, squash cobbler, and cheese!

It's been cold lately, for April:


But I still felt like ski season was winding down, since snow hadn't fallen in a while and all that remained had compressed to slippery ice. However! This morning I woke up to fresh snow!


Yay! Probably another week of skiing now!

No comments: