nopin

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Spring is springing

I think I skied for the last time this season today. I was flailing about on the slick corn snow. Autumn and Linden were panting:


On a whim, I skied down to the creek crossing that I used to use years ago when I lived farther down the road. It is upstream from a beaver dam, so there's a wide, shallow pond there. It is starting to melt:

Linden trotted out onto it and both front paws sank into the slush, so she backed out. Autumn didn't go near it. There is a reason that Autumn was a lead dog! Linden knows her commands very well, but I would not trust her to make a judgement call with her own little brain.

The crossing we use nowadays is still frozen solid, but it's slick on top now:


When I got home, I considered putting away my skis, but decided to hold out hope for another weekend! I mean, what if temperatures drop, and it snows this week? In the same vein, I considered changing to summer tires, but decided against it. May 1st is the deadline to remove studs hereabouts. I did, however, put away the flashy and reflector thingies. We will have no more runs/walks in darkness:


Happy spring!

No comments: