nopin

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Why I love my little neighborhood

Okay, first of all, you silly geese, yesterday was April Fool's Day, and I'm not becoming a foster nor adoptive parent. I'm going to take in foster kids who need a temporary home, and if any come that are particularly cute, I'll ask if I can keep it. might have clued you in. :)

Anyway!

I never tire of being charmed by my tiny neighborhood. The other night, the following occurred. A guy in his late 70s wandered off from his home. He apparently had dementia, and his family was worried about him. The Alaska State Troopers called everyone in the neighborhood to look out for him. He was found a few hours later, and the State Troopers called us all back to tell us not to worry any more, he was fine. The next day, this story ran in the Minor News: Man wanders off, is found safe. Oh, Minor News! My heart is almost swollen to burst!

That same night, I got a voice mail from a neighbor. "Nova [one of their dogs] got into a fight and got torn up pretty badly. We cleaned and stitched up the cuts, and she'll be fine, but she looks pretty bad, so if you see her, don't be alarmed and don't worry! She'll be just fine!"

Well.

Awwww. I can't believe people stitch up their dogs and then think to themselves, "What if Arvay sees her and gets frightened?" Just awwwwww, y'all.

3 comments:

Rena said...

I read yesterday's post about adoption and immediately thought "Oh poor Mudder! You're going to drive her bananas AGAIN, Arvay!"

Elderly senile folks wandering off is terrifying for everyone. I'm glad that he was located quickly and that it's not the dead of winter. I used to work with a man that volunteered with the fire? police? department doing search and rescue. I think german shepherds and bloodhounds were involved. They were mostly trained for lost hikers out in the wilderness, but were often called out for 'lost grandparent' in suburban settings.

Debs said...

I misssed your post on 1st April, and read this one first. I saw the bit about kids and automatically assumed you were joking about adopting baby goats!

Arvay said...

That would not have been a joke! I'd looooove to have a bunch of goats!