nopin

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Life ain't bad chez moi

Both yesterday and today I slept in until a sunbeam crossed my face, then stretched, cuddled the dogs, got up, and put on ski pants. Damn, that's a fine way to start your morning. Had long, luxurious skis over this lovely new snow, then came home and graded exams, cleaned, and did some leisure reading, while the girls did this:




I'm quite envious. Is it possible to sign up for this "retirement" gig while you're still young? No? Sigh.

So I have a confession to make... You have probably deduced that for the most part, I am a good hippy dippy Berkeley alum. I walk instead of drive whenever I can, even when it's cold outside. None of my hobbies involve motor sports. I clean everything--house, car, and body--with Dr. Bronners. I buy local, seasonal, and/or organic whenever possible. I don't buy industrially produced meat. Etc, etc.

But, my friends, in spring of 2012, I purchased a Swiffer. You know, the mop with the disposable head that is preloaded with cleaning fluid.

Reducing? Nope.
Reusing? Nope.
Recycling? Nope.

Is the cleaning solvent they use organically-derived? No. Is it biodegradable? Almost certainly not. Is it environmentally-friendly? Absolutely not. Is it carcinogenic? I haven't a clue. Would my mother approve? Absolutely not.

But, I love my dang Swiffer, and I'm cleaning my dang floors and satisfyingly lifting up layers of grime.

So there.

1 comment:

mdr said...

Thank you