nopin

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Autumn ree-laxing

Autumn chillin' on the kitchen rug:


When I work at the kitchen table (which doubles as my desk, seeing as this is a two-room cabin), Autumn lounges around on the kitchen rug. Her blankie, you see, is seven feet away from the table, and that is not within her preferred radius of me. She excels at relaxing. She rolls to her side, then curls up, then luxuriously stretches out, making sure each leg and each toe gets its proper due. She sighs deeply, yaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwnnnnnnns dramatically. She sleeps deeply and dreams of running, and her four paws twitch as she lays on her side. Watching her makes me very envious, as I wish I could just go to bed myself!

Here she is doing what she does second best (behind running like the wind!):


And here she is mid "run":


In which I invoke my right as a physicist to represent a dog as a sphere:


BTW, before y'all tell me that she can't reach her water dish, that is actually her food dish under there! I keep it there for the other 23 hours, 59 minutes and 12 seconds of the day that she's not engorging her dinner. :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Autumn has good appetite? She is 63 year old in human life and looking good. If 7times 9. Being healthy is the most important. Take good care of yourself.

Arvay said...

Autumn has VERY good appetite!

This is how I feed Autumn:
1) Put bowl on floor.
2) Stand up. Tap foot three times.
3) Pick up empty bowl.

:)

Anonymous said...

Haha, I think she looks so happy. What a good retirement for her - running, eating, and sleeping in a warm house. I hope we are all so lucky in our older years.
Alan has been reading Harold and the Purple Crayon. He enjoys the part where a hungry moose and deserving porcupine are left with 9 delicious pies. Now when we see pictures of anything with antlers he shouts, MOOSE! Makes me think of you and your neighborhood moose!

The Enforcer said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

CUTEST. DOG. EVAR!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Such a good pic!

http://bp2.blogger.com/_DH5I1vdvuQU/R2GE9ZCGPLI/AAAAAAAAAPw/PymhfqrpmFM/s1600/autumn-sphere.JPG

This is the only kind of dog I would ever have...

Arvay said...

Do you mean spherical dogs, or huskies?

Anonymous said...

Huskies... that have the ability to transform to a perfect sphere.

Arvay said...

Actually, it isn't a perfect sphere, because it's flattened. It's an oblate spheroid. :)