nopin

Friday, December 21, 2007

Oh my goodness

I got a B in Classical Mechanics. Oh yes, I did.

*bows*

That was difficult. Really difficult. As difficult as one of the more difficult of Berkeley engineering classes. But in Berkeley engineering, I got Cs. And here, I got a B. And the curve is the same, no grade inflation.

I envy less nowadays the people who are effortlessly, frighteningly smart. I knew dozens of them at Berkeley, and it made me feel so... cheated. I was willing to work just as hard as they were, if not harder, but it was difficult to keep up since I was not gifted with as much natural intelligence. But it seems, the older I get, the more I appreciate that "stick-to-it-iveness" and motivation and ambition are worth more than raw intelligence. And one of the biggest advantages to having more ambition than intelligence is this! First, I can be proud of a B, and second, I can say that I earned a B! How cool is that?

Yay! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

niiiice! Whooopppeeee! And I'm sure it helps that you're an older student, and not so distracted by stuff like dorm life, living away from home for the first time, all that stuff.

So are you still waiting on the rest of your grades? How'd the other classes go?

Arvay said...

Thanks!

An A and an A- baby!

But they were much easier classes. I consider this B my finest achievement of the semseter. :)

Hug the wee ones for me! :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! The ability to define and truly appreciate one's own successes is the true measure of success.

Or something like that!

I love that you LIVE your life.

Anonymous said...

bt, i hope that you live your life too! living doesn't have to mean moving to alaska or travelling around the world. it just means being happy. (i think!) =)