nopin

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Confirmation: The Inversion Layer is for Real

Took Autumn to Creamer's Field yesterday, and dayum, it was cold! I could only stay out there for 45 minutes. It's pleasantly warmer in our neighborhood. Autumn and I have been taking long walks and runs every day since school let out.

Temperatures have come back up. We are back to daytime highs of about -10F/-23C, and yes, that is comfortable! We have no wind, so I bundle up and off we go. We are accompanied by the neighborhood chorus of dogs, doves, ptarmigans, meese, ravens, wabbits, skwerls, and lots of little colorful songbirds whose songs sound exotic to me.

Back to the regular grind next week, but at least no school yet! Autumn hangs out in my office, and we go for walks during the daytime.

No comments: