nopin

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Misc

Doesn't this dog look sweet? He was in the parking lot at Freddie's.

I only just realized while cropping/resizing the photo that that binder is labeled "Organic Apples". I only know one person who's grown apples in the Interior for more than personal use. He used to come to the Farmer's Market, but I haven't seen him in two years. His apples were small and tart, but nice and crunchy. They baked up nicely. My neighbor down the road has some trees from him, as well as some cherry trees. I am both impressed and skeptical, but he says he only put in the trees two years ago, and within the first year they had already produced a tiny amount of fruit.

This is where a wood pile used to reside. I am going to let this ground recover now. After hauling all that wood up the hill, I don't think I'll be using this area for wood storage any more!


The hill side is beautiful from that spot. I couldn't quite capture it in a photograph. It's so lush and green, and dotted as far as the eye can see with roses and bluebells.

1 comment:

mdr said...

I can see the wild roses, hardy and beautiful like my girl, but I don't see bluebells