nopin

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Pressed flowers

The backgrounds are birch bark this time. :) Past work here and here.





Also--ladybugs! I love ladybugs! Commenter 'ckn' posted below the ladybug story:

Thank you for making this a front-page, headline story. I'm serious! It enhances the "local" flavor of the paper.

I remember taking a copy of the DNM to a conference in Austin a couple of years ago and showing people our headlines

- Some raven was killed on a power line

- Some hockey gear was stolen out of a locker room

Makes you feel like it's still a small town.


:)

4 comments:

mdr said...

Are the purple flowers the firewoods?

mdr said...

The bark is nicely flattened. I have the pressed flower frames you made before next to my computer. Blpr has them on her fireplace.

bt said...

very nice!

-bt

Arvay said...

I think you mean fireWEED. :) But no, those are lupins. You have them in the Bay Area, too. :)