nopin

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Spring progresses

So this morning I took the flexible hose that serves as a water line from my reservoir to my sink, lifted it off the kitchen counter, and slid it behind so it will be out of the way on the floor. No concerns about it freezing any more! I also took the power cord that feeds the heat tape that lines my outflow pipe (to prevent the outflow from freezing too close to the house), and rolled it into a circle and tucked it away behind the stove. No need for that again, either! My second winter in this cabin, I figured out how much water I need to pour down the drain at once to keep it flowing nicely, and I haven't had to go out and break up the slop glacier this year at all.

It's warm enough to make the snow packable, so of course I had to build another snowman to replace the one from the ice storm, who had since lost his head and accumulated shoulder pads.


This one doesn't get a hat, as I can't afford to keep providing nesting material to local ravens.


My flamingos are also starting to appear:

2 comments:

mdr said...

nice to have the spring back, probably not for Frostie

flying fish said...

I love that some of your signs of spring are other peoples signs of winter: icicles and snow men! Our snow is just patches of dirty slush while the ground turns to churned up ook. Happy spring!