nopin

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Spring is creeping up

I put away my -40 boots. I have to admit, it made me feel a little melancholy. After this past winter's intense cold, this is the first time I'm truly looking forward to spring. And yet... there is something sort of mystical and magical about deep cold that is difficult to explain. It's not, mind you, that I need it for suffering as a counterpoint to happiness. There is something about it that isn't, indeed, suffering. The air itself winks. The trees whisper. Sounds carry like tinkling bells. And during the shortest days, the sun is pink, and the snow looks like cotton candy.

All the same, I'm not going to hold back celebrating warm, sunny days! And it's not even warm enough to melt the snow, nor cause overflow on the creeks, so we can ski all we want! I hope we still get more snow though. I think we're still below average for snow this year; my flamingos aren't even covered, although I kind of like looking at their little pink heads sticking up:


The fuzzies still have their heavy winter coats. Check out Linden's feet!


And Miss Millie B. Doofus, Supreme Ruler of the People's Independent Republic of Bunnistan, is still going strong. She'll be 10 this spring!


Finally, did you know that when meese visit hospitals, they are blocked by security guards and denied treatment? I swear, the state of health care in this country is appalling!

Source: Leslie M. Bagley of the Providence Alaska Medical Center. Full article here.

2 comments:

mdr said...

Hope that moose didn't catch any illness from human beings

mdr said...

It was fun to see your flamingos showing their heads. Go flamingos