nopin

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Samba! Samba! Samba!

I warned you that this blog might start going all over the place, right? Right then.

I have to confess that although I have never been to Brazil, and it's low on my list of places to visit (I don't handle heat and humidity well. :( ) that every year, I am mesmerized by the photos coming out from Carnival.

These scantily-clad women are all gorgeous in a way that is so... healthy and adult. Sure, they may also represent the impossible, unobtainable, media-driven ideals that feminists complain about. And a lot of them have fake boobs, and tons of makeup, and yadayada, but they look so much more real and joyful to me than the American and European icons of beauty. And to strive to look like a big, buxom, curvy, boobtacular, grown-ass woman seems, to me, much mentally healthier than striving to look like a waifish teenager.

Compare and contrast:

Source here.


Source here.

Um yeah.

1 comment:

Alaskan Dave Down Under said...

Definitely a vote for the first picture! Mucho better than the Euro/Merican waifs, for sure!