nopin

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Almost there!

This morning, we were aaaaalllllmmooooooost below freezing. A few degrees above it. I am excited for the trails to freeze up so we can run on them! And shortly thereafter, of course, they will be covered with snow, and we'll be able to ski again! And the dogs will get fuzzy and clean and quit shedding fur and dirt and grit all over the place! And I'll get to eat lots of bacon!

Here is my third to last veggie share for the season:


The fireweed in my yard is in its fall colors:


And here is a photo of a puppy that I took just because he was so darned cute:

3 comments:

Rena said...

Wow, local tomatillos? I didn't think those suckers grew any farther north than Fresno! I couldn't get them to grow in my yard because we don't get hot enough. And now I see they are in Fairbanks??

That is a very cute doggie. I cannot imagine the shedding though...!

Meanwhile we are having warm weather - might hit 90 in my backyard today. seems like your freezing temps are right about on time, no?

mdr said...

I am happy for no more mosquitoes. Cold or hot, just don't give me mosquitos.

Vanessa said...

Did you take the puppy?