nopin

Monday, August 6, 2012

Twenty miles



And only one more long training run before Equinox day!

My goals for this race, in order of priority, are:

1) Do not die.
2) Do not injure myself.
3) Finish with G and BT.
4) Feel okay the next day.

I felt okay yesterday, the day after my 20-miler. Okay enough to go berry picking and stack firewood. Murphy Dome was bea-yoo-ti-ful, with the recent storms having washed the air to allow the magical late-summer light to shine through. Murphy Dome has all low-bush blueberries (as opposed to high-bush), so I would find a patch, sit down, and just lean this way to pick these, prop on my elbow to pick those, reach over Autumn to pick these, around Linden to pick those... Then get up, relocate a meter (with the dogs firmly in tow), sit all three of our okoles back down, repeat. What a lovely way to spend an afternoon! I had forgotten my camera, but it was pretty much a repeat of this scene.

4 comments:

mdr said...

Exercise is only good when moderate. Turtle lives longer than rabbit.

bt said...

I'm impressed. My longest run so far has been 14. I'll need to catch up!

mdr said...

Rabbit wins a single race, turtle wins the race of life because he lives longer.

Arvay said...

The last time I ran a marathon, I fell into a conversation with two other girls about my age. As we rounded a corner, I saw a middle-aged lady standing by the side of the road holding a sign that said, "Go Jenny, go! Mom is so proud of you!"

I smiled to the girls next to me and said, "Awww! Look! Jenny's mom is so proud!"

One of the girls smiled even bigger and said, "I'm Jenny! My mom came out to cheer for me!"

I thought it was heartwarming. :)