nopin

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Things I tell the summer interns

1) There was a time when Michael Jackson wasn't a creepy pederast with bizarre plastic surgery. There was a time when he was the coolest guy on earth.

2) I used to fly on airplanes with my Leatherman in my pocket. And a water bottle.

3) This beautiful rook was the example of state-of-the-art stereolithography in 2007:




It is now so commonly made that it is used as a standard sample for new stereolithography techniques. Indeed, it is referenced in this paper (warning: the link opens a pdf) as "a common part manufactured by many SL users").

When I first saw the rook, I gasped in wonder.

When I showed it to our adorable summer interns, they shrugged.

4) They need to stand up straight, get their hair outta their eyes, and get offa mah lawn!

1 comment:

mdr said...

I don't get it, I don't think too many people get it, because I am just not good at English, not dumb