nopin

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

It won't be long now!

This morning, I woke up to this:


Indeed, the Minor News is predicting frost for low-lying areas (that's not me; I'm not in a low-lying area).

Other notable front page headlines today:

North Pole woman wants to thank unknown pickup driver who stopped to rescue her.

The experimental farm on the UAF campus had sweet corn ripen in 56 days.

Vandals tore up the flower beds downtown--again!

Also, also! Here is a photo of some lovely sunflowers, with my friend I:

I is a tiny woman (she comes up to my clavicle). But the sunflowers dwarf ordinary-sized people, too!

And! Here are my veggies for the week:

2 comments:

mdr said...

more vegi again? wow. did you you finish the last bunch?

mdr said...

I won't eat those corns myself, what was with it to fasten the growth? hormone in corns is unlikely, but i am not a horticulturist to know what else makes miracles to corns.

The words to prove I am not a robot gets harder and harder, it takes me many times to get it right.