nopin

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Dawn Simulator Alarm Clock Fail

As long as I can remember, I have used a very offensive alarm clock that jolts me from sleep with a strident BRRZ! BRRZ! BRRZ!:




The other day, it occured to me that I did not have to live like this, so I ordered a dawn simulation alarm from amazon. It slowly increases brightness starting from 30 minutes before your scheduled wake-up time, and then it wakes you up with a gentle sound of your choice. I chose the bird chirp. This is how it should work, in theory:


However, I did not anticipate that Linden would pop up like a caffeinated squirrel at the first mere hint of light:










So I'm sending it back.

7 comments:

mdr said...

you are soooo good at cartoon drawing, a talent I never knew when you were little. My amazing girl. I wouldn't even be surprised if you can be a children's book illustrator. It is not just to draw, also figure out how to convey the idea, such as Linden's turning around for excitement in the last picture, well done

Rena said...

Yeah, that last drawing is just perfect - I can totally see it!
Hmmm, maybe you -should- write a book... Have you ever read any of Daniel Pinkwater's books involving dogs? He's one of my favorite favorite authors, mostly older children's books. But he's also an NPR contributor and writes for adults, especially about his adventures while training ....huskies, maybe? Malamutes? Some big breed, can't remember.

Course, you'd better finish that dissertation first. How's that all coming, anyways?

mdr said...

I still like Linden better, she knows a dog is supposed to sleep on the floor. Good dog.

Biting Tongue said...

Agreed! This is great (and laugh out loud funny).

flying fish said...

Snort of laughter! I hate alarm clocks, they scare me awake! I think I'd hate a caffeinated squirrel headed dog more though.

meital said...

Great drawings! I love my dawn simulator, I can't imagine my life without it. There are too many choices in the market though, it'd hard to decide which one to get...This article can help with that: http://www.light-therapy-reviews.net/dawn-simulator-alarm-clock/

Tails said...

GOSH I laughed so hard!!! Love this post!