nopin

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Finally a Moose photo!

I've only rarely been able to take moose photos because when I see them I am too startled to get out the camera in time. I just look at them and think, "Whoa! Moose! It's a big ol' moose! Big brown moose! All big and brown and moosey and moose moose MOOSE!" But today we were just walking along we saw this guy contentedly sitting there blinking into the sun like the way dogs do. I managed to zoom in, snap this photo and then turn around and head away before Autumn noticed him and attempted to chase him off, as she is generally wont to do.


Autumn and Millie and me hanging out together:


"Hey! What's my little buddy doin' down there?"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

who was under the futon?

Anonymous said...

About the unknown foot prints, assuming they were not from moose or bear, the truth is they were from LOOSE, WILD, BIG, HEAVY animals. The combination is not good if they were startled or hungry or just mean. They might return when you were there. I do not want to scare myself, but who is to say it won't happend? Many tragedy was caused by people were at the wrong place at the wrong time. Autumn is too small to protect you. Chinese said "man who always passes by the grave yard will eventually see ghost"

Anonymous said...

ADORABLE! Does Millie *like* Autumn? Do they cuddle? Or does she just like to hide in your legs or under the couch? :)

Arvay said...

Autumn adores the doofi! When we let them out of their pen, her tail wags so much that her body sways back and forth in counterbalance. And she follows them around and sniffs them and licks them. They don't particularly care for this, but they are quite tolerant and put up with it. Bunn doesn't even snap or hrrmph at her.

Anonymous said...

Note that my question was whether *Millie* liked Autumn. ;) I can't believe she licks them and they put up with it. Who knows, maybe in 6 months they will realize they get free groomings. :)