nopin

Friday, February 8, 2008

Um... WHAT?

So, according to the meteorologists' predictions, it is supposed to be in the -20F range this morning, so I bundle up and take Autumn for a walk (something we don't do below -30F). We walk, I'm thankful that it is "warmer." Autumn enjoys her walk, blahblah.

Then I get to school. It still seemed rather chilly this morning. I wonder what the temperature actually is outside...


What the heck? I mean, it's supposed to be warmer today, right? Hellooooooo?!?

In all honesty, it is warmer in our neighborhood than at the airport, where the official reading is taken, so I'm probably not completely losing it. But still.

The Yukon Quest probably won't actually start tomorrow then. They'll probably do the ceremonial start, but then stop after the photos have been taken, to start when temperatures come up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy F#@$ it is cold up there!

Anonymous said...

OMG, how can you stand it??!!!

Arvay said...

Well, I do get to eat a lot in compensation. :)