nopin

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

@#%&!!!!!!!

Who in the hell at Windows land decided that this new thing of theirs is okay? You know, that thing where you're working along and suddenly a window pops up informing you that Windows has downloaded some updates, and needs to restart, and that it will restart in ten minutes, and then it starts counting down and will restart unless you click it and ask it not to. And then ten minutes later it does it again, ad infinitum or until you give in? And when you're not there, it just restarts of its own accord?

Even if you left some slow-processing batch files to run overnight and have gone home and would really like to see those results the next day???

$*%&^*#&$%&#$%*!!!!!!!!

Edit: My day seems to be improving! I just found a five-dollar bill in the hallway, and no-one nearby whom conscience would compel me to question for ownership! Five dollars! Two slices of pizza and fifty gallons of water!

4 comments:

The Enforcer said...

As I was shutting my laptop down last night, DJC reminded me that it was "Patch Tuesday"...and sure enough, when I hit Shut Down, the damn thing stayed on for another 20 minutes downloading 14 updates. And then today, when I turned my laptop on, I had to wait another 20 minutes (give or take) for those 14 updates to install.

Lamest. Operating. System. EVAR!! I H8 Windows. That is all.

Alaskan Dave Down Under said...

I hate that update crap too, blech.

Hmmmm, 5 dollars... Pitcher of beer at The Pub?

Arvay said...

Patch Tuesday? Are you kidding me? There is a pattern to their crap? Hell... I'm adding that to my calendar so I won't be caught unawares any more.

Five dollars also gets you... five apples, two small pomegranates, one giant pomegranate, five bananas, 2.5 heads of lettuce, five bunches of cilantro, a brick of cheddar cheese, 475 gallons of water, or, while the current sale remains, fifteen exquisite grapefruit!

Anonymous said...

Yes, Satan's little helpers at the Evil Empire have struck again. However I think there are ways to disable the updates.. I shall check the ever present operating system.... Eureka, I have found it, just where I guessed it would be. Control Panel-Security Options-Turn Updates on/off (lots of fun options, of course the default is to download them boo hiss).

enjoy.