nopin

Friday, December 5, 2008

Inconveniences that only occur in Alaska

I had planned a short run today, but it ended up being over six miles. I know this is short compared to my runs in years past, but I'm not in training for anything so I take it easy nowadays. But why was our run lengthened, you ask? Oh yes, because our way home was blocked by a moose. Instead of cutting across the route we usually take, we had to go back the way we had come and repeat the longer side of the loop. The girls, of course, were happy as only a husky in Winter can be. And at least I was comfortably dressed for once... I've figured out that the most intelligent use of thermometer outside our window is to use it to decide what to wear before I leave the house, not for me to look at after my run so I can say, "Whoa! So that's why I'm freezing/sweating my ass off!" Yeah! I'm smart! I'ma get me a PhD!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you made the safe return. Now you gained a precious experience to always consider how to "retreat to safety", if the road is blocked by unexpected situation.