nopin

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Final grades

I got an A in Theory of Elastic Stability, and a B in Arctic Engineering. Not too shabby. I was aiming for the reverse! But Arctic Engineering isn't graded on a curve, and you needed 93% to get an A... not possible for me, since I screw up 7% in arithmetic alone! As for Elastic Stability, I have no idea how I got an A. I just hope it isn't a mistake!

I've also finalized what I am taking next semester--finishing up Mathematical Physics, and Ice Physics. My adviser nixed my wish to take something called "Sustainable Energy Systems," which sounded interesting but is not related to my research at all. I am also taking a 1-unit course on SEM techniques. Cool!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations!

sustainable energy systems sounds like a good area to be in. had you thought about that? seems like UAF would be good at that...

Arvay said...

Yes, exactly. I am planning to audit the course.

BoyToyMax said...

That does sound like a cool course. I've actually learned a bit about some energy technologies. My personal favorite of the Newer ones.. Pyrolosis, Co-Generation Plants (ex is a Natural Gas Plant in San Marcos (San Diego)). Fusion is neat but still down the Road.

Fuel Cell Technology is pretty cool, and I was surprised at the number of Alternative Fuels on the market.

I'd be curious to see the syllabus.