nopin

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Notes from here and there

We had an unusually cold October and November. But it wasn't anything intolerable, and I'm glad we didn't have any heat spells to turn our snow into dangerous ice, like we did over Thanksgiving 2007. Today, temps are up another 20F degrees from yesterday, making for a total change of 50F degrees in two days. Isn't that something?

Here are the girls sleeping with their feeties:


Edit: here is a photo I took just a few minutes ago, from our window. It's about 11 a.m., and the sunrise is still proceeding.


And just think, it's less than three weeks until the Solstice, and we'll start gaining daylight again!

5 comments:

Alaskan Dave Down Under said...

Do you have a view of Denali from home or work? Twice a year (for about a week each time) the sun sets over Denali. It can make for some very spectacular pictures.

I think this is about the time of year for the first time, the next would be in mid to late January --if I remember correctly. I could easily be off by a few weeks.

Arvay said...

I have straight line of sight to Denali from several spots on campus, but it's usually obscured by clouds. I'll look out for this spectacle, though. Thanks for calling my attention to its possibility. :)

Anonymous said...

I sleep with my feeties sometimes too.

Arvay said...

Our mama loves our feeties, but we are very annoyed when she tries to hold them. But she still subjects them to regular inspections to make sure they are in good shape. We get thick calluses in the Winter because we run over ice and snow!

--Autumn and Linden

Anonymous said...

My left foot still hurts after 6.5 months. I can only walk up to 30 minutes and need hours of rest afterwards. Bones have healed but it is not the same any more.
Don't run or walk with both hands NOT free. Always look down when you walk downstairs.