nopin

Saturday, February 13, 2010

On the beaver pond today

So... as part of my very serious research, the girls and I skied to the beaver pond today to collect snow samples. I do not enjoy this at all, but I'm willing to do this on a Saturday morning since I'm such a good researcher. Yup.

Here we have Autumn, happily recovered from her back strain (or whatever it was). Touch wood! She's so proud outdoors! Indoors, she tends to look like this.


Our friendly neighborhood beaver pond. It's inaccessible in Summer (unless you enjoy mud a lot!).


The girls run up ahead.


Until I call them back.


Here you can see why I have trouble finding virgin snow. Even on a pond that is only accessible by snow machine, by dog team, or on foot, there are so many tracks!


But I can always find an untouched patch.


Happy happy! Joy joy! The girls love running around on this pond.


The sun turns yellow now, but it's still low. This is maybe 11 a.m.


Are they not cute?

3 comments:

mdr said...

Very cute and hopefully they are loyal and protective of their owner, the two most valuable traits in dogs.

Anonymous said...

No beavers?! :(

Arvay said...

I've never seen signs of beaver activity at the "beaver pond". That's just what everyone in the neighborhood calls it, but no beavers, that I know of.