nopin

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Aurora

We had a pretty nice aurora last night, so I attempted some photos. Not too bad. I'm not a good photographer and don't pretend to be. I lack the camera know-how as well as the patience. Occasionally, I get good photos out of pure luck, but nothing else. So here are the best aurora photos I could get under the circumstances. No tripod, either.







Two Yaks got some nicer photos that captured more of the colors.

And on a totally unrelated note, I'd like to thank my mother for teaching me to stand up straight. :) Warmer weather tends to bring out girls' nicer clothes, and I cannot for the life of me figure out why so many undergraduate girls go to all the effort of putting on nice clothes and makeup, and then ruin the entire effect by hunching over and dragging their knuckles on the ground. So thanks, Mudder, for teaching me to stand up straight!

2 comments:

TwoYaks said...

I don't know what camera you have, but you should want an f-stop around 2.6 or 2.8, and 8 second exposure for really bright aurora like last night. And a tripod! Even a cheap one is invaluable... :)

mdr said...

Your pictures are beautiful with a touch of mystery :-), but cameras must make differences in clarity.

Not just stand straight, make sure your head does not go forward before your body.