nopin

Monday, April 5, 2010

Running the trails

In order to run my neighborhood trails regularly, your schedule has to be flexible enough, and you have to be in good enough shape, so that neither your day nor your body is damaged by your run being spontaneously lengthened or shortened by the presence of a moose on the trail. The girls and I run the trails every morning nowadays, since it's been light very early and they can be off-leash and bounding free. But when we see a moose bedded down by the side of the trail, we must turn around and go back, either cutting our run short, or lengthening it up to 2x if we had been nearing the close of a loop. I don't want to get too close to a moose!

And speaking of our neighborhood trails, here is an article on the development of the Isberg Trail system, which is up the street from me. Yay!

And a final bit of Very Important News: Another behbeh reindeer was born this morning! Awwww! You know what's better than behbeh reindeer? Two behbeh reindeer!

Happy Half-Priced Chocolate Bunny Day, everybody! Go buy yourself a half-priced chocolate bunny! We don't have a candy store here, so I don't get to celebrate. And the online retailers aren't marking down their chocolate bunnies, either. Shame. Fairbanksans don't get to celebrate a treasured holiday. :(

3 comments:

mdr said...

Please think of all cases if you encounter a mama moose.

1) if the dogs charge onto the moose, what would you do?

2) if the dogs do not see the moose's presence and still move on?

Arvay said...

I don't think you have the correct picture in your head. We are moving forward, the moose is ahead. I see the moose, I call the girls, I turn around and go back the way we came. The girls, who cannot let me be ahead of them, run as fast as they can to overtake me. Thank you for your very well-organized numbered list of thoughts though. :)

Arvay said...

And Mudder! I'm disappointed that you didn't comment/call/email me telling me not to pet the behbeh reindeer! :)