nopin

Friday, April 2, 2010

A sigh of acquiescence

Since all of the snow in my neighborhood is now unskiable, I wanted to have one last Winter hurrah by taking a half day trip to the White Mountains today to ski and collect more snow samples. I emailed several friends to see if anyone else wanted to go, and received the following in response:

[we] went up Wickersham last weekend and the snow was crap- hard packed and lumpy with dirt patches on the creek trail and cutoff trail. On the way down, where there was snow, it was so hard and fast we had to take our skis off, or else cream ourselves. We walked down pretty much the entire way. So you may want to consider someplace other than Wickersham, or just hike it.

So with great sadness, instead of skiing this morning, I took my car to the tire shop to have his studs removed and his Winter tires put on. :(

The upside is, it's light all day now, and into late at night!

Here is a photo of the full moon rising a few evenings ago:


And here is a photo of Linden in her Grounded Superdog position, and Autumn whispering sweet nothings to Millie:


And in other news... BEHBEH REINDEER!!!! I missed seeing him since I came straight from the tire shop and so used a different entrance to campus. But I'll see this little guy on my way home tonight!


Photo by John Wagner of the News-Miner

He is 17 pounds, and his mama is named Honey. :D

2 comments:

mdr said...

I personally would choose to do the tire business first anyway. Square away the have-to-do makes me happy.

Arvay said...

I'm not sad because I had to run an errand. I'm sad because removing the Winter tires means I am officially not skiing any more this Winter!