nopin

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Big exciting changes coming!

Well guys, my favorite month in Fairbanks, March, has come to an end, and all I did was blink. Most of the snow has turned into ice, and soon the streets will be filled with mud. After that come the mosquitoes, and four months of muddy paws.

Well guys, I'm sorry to report that after giving Fairbanks a go, I've had it. I've had it with the mud, the mosquitoes, the lack of indoor plumbing, and the dirt roads. Screw this! Guess what? I'm moving to Manhattan!

That's right! Recently, as I've been getting frustrated with things around here, I've been browsing job boards off and on, and on a whim I applied to several on the East Coast. I'd always wanted to live in the Northeast. Last week I got an offer in New York that I couldn't refuse, so I talked with my adviser, and he agreed to grant me a leave of absence so I could spread my wings a little. :)

Bright lights, big city, here I come!

Edit: Happy April Fool's Day! No, I'm not moving to Manhattan. If I ever say, "Bright lights, big city, here I come!" please do me a favor and have my head checked! :)

As The Enforcer told me via IM, "Manhattan! LOL. You. In Manhattan. bbbbahahahahahah"

7 comments:

Christy Mesker said...

Wow! How exciting! Congrats! :D Do you get to take all your fur babies with you?

b said...

Ok that was too obvious. :) Happy April Fool's!

Anonymous said...

Happy April Fools! :)

mdr said...

I was too surprised and still worried, NY? That is not somewhere to live, to visit, yes, not to live. Crimes, traffic jams, cold people, dirty air..

Pls just be the April Fool's joke.

Anonymous said...

AFD ???

Gir404d said...

You totally had me, hook, line and sinker. Long time reader, started back when your Mr Bun was on cute overload. I really enjoy your blog and am not a creepy stalker. :)

Arvay said...

Gir404d, thank you for leaving a comment! I'm glad you enjoy this blog!