nopin

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Veggies for the week



Purple beans! They turn green when you cook them, you know. I think I will pickle them with carrots and whole garlic cloves. I will also pickle the turnips with the beets, which appears to be a middle Eastern thing. I managed to pawn off the kohlrabi almost immediately, making quick pickles and bringing it to a friend's house to round out our supper. She, being overwhelmed by a preponderance of zucchini, had made a delicious zucchini lasagna. :)

Also, here is an interesting article about training free-ranging, independent huskies, written by a bush trapper, who coincidentally lives in the same village from which hail my neighbors across the street.

Also, also... orphaned behbeh meese have been sent to the Columbus Zoo!

1 comment:

Rena said...

ooooh pumpkin! I was never a fan of pumpkin (except in pie of course) until I had the Afghani version, stewed with tomato and topped with yogurt.