nopin

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Your silicon2tanana digression

... courtesy of MP, who's always very good at getting me to procrastinate and go off on tangents and down Wikipedia wormholes, etc, etc.

So here we have the male Bird of Paradise. This video is two minutes long and is astonishing, narrated by David Attenborough, and totally worth two minutes:


If your attention span doesn't last two minutes, here are screen grabs for you, along with the premise.

See, ordinarily, he looks like this:


When he sees a potential mate, he turns around, rearranges his feathers, and does this:


All I can say is, when I had first met G, if he had approached me like this:


Then turned around:


And then spun around again looking like this:


I would have responded by crapping my pants, absolutely not by sleeping with him.

That is all.

3 comments:

Rena said...

hahahahaa!!!


G likes yoga?

And yes, I'd seen that video a while back...I believe it was from the Planet Earth video series done by BBC and Discovery channel. The British one has better footage, but the narration is boooring (sorry David Attenborough). The American version glosses over a lot more of the footage, but narration is much better- with Sigourdny Weaver.

mdr said...

Bird of Paradise is also a single stem beautiful flower often seen in hot weather area, especially in Hawaii.

b said...

Uh, TMI!