nopin

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Miscellany

As if it isn't headscratch-and-eyeroll-inducing enough to read about Anchorage residents' suffering when they have a cold snap of 0F/-18C, today we have a (front page!) report informing us that Anchorage is suffering from mosquitoes.

Hm.

I'm gonna go with no sympathy for you.

Here are my veggies for the week:


Today, Autumn is in surgery having a benign tumor removed. It's on her wrist, so I wanted it out before she snagged it on a bramble or cut it post holing come winter. Linden is hanging out with me in the office, as I don't trust either of those savages home alone without each other:


"Oh; are you taking a photo of me?"


5 comments:

Rena said...

Good to hear that your office is doggie-friendly. Can you make it a regular thing?
Also I'm digging your fly swatter racquet!

mdr said...

General information, hot sauce is bad for hot weather, indigestion,stomach and skin

flying fish said...

There's a blank spot what was the front page Anchorage whine? Was it their epic mosquito problem or their epic chilly summer or their epic whimpering about everything?

I hope the doggie lumpectomy went well and you have both fur buddies back. When I took the old dog to the vet in Anchorage for some big scary surgery she howled in the waiting room so mournfully she disturbed the deaf dog that lived behind the counter.

Arvay said...

Oh, thanks! I fixed it; haha. Anchorage is suffering from mosquitoes! Oh, the poor dears!

My dogs both do vets and surgeries well. Both dogs are back home now. Autumn was only under local anesthetic, so she wasn't even groggy. I just came right back to work after dropping them off. :)

Alaskan Dave Down Under said...

Well, you know what they say about Los Anchorage right? The only good thing about it is that it is a short drive away from Alaska.

Yeah, Los Anchorites bitchin' 'bout mossies. Next they'll be upset that it actually snows in the winter!