nopin

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Mysteries solved, Meese, and a last photo of Millie

First up in today's report: moosage!

Fuzzy behbehmoose:


Mamamoose was nowhere in sight. I wonder if behbehmoose had just been given the boot as a new behbehmoose got borned?

Hemoose:


Hemoose diving for tasty aquatic weeds:

glurg, glurg, glurg, snorffle

Up on Murphy Dome last weekend, I finally saw something I'd been curious about for years. Why, I had wondered, do we never see blueberry and cranberry flowers? All summer, just green, and then--POOF! Berries everywhere, with no sign of the flowers from whence they had come. But guess what I saw?

Cranberry flowers!


And blueberry flowers!


The view was also gorgeous:


There were lupins:


The dowgs, hanging out near the Chatanika dredge:




Linden in goober position, sitting on one butt cheek:


Miss Millie B. Doofus, Late Ruler of the People's Republic of Bunnistan, enjoying one of her last bananas on earth:


My collection of fuzzies, passed out on a warm evening:


On other news, the Alcan, the highway that goes to the Lower 48, is currently washed out by rains, so the supermarkets are low on produce. Thank goodness for our local farms, who continue to provide!

7 comments:

Allmycke said...

I love your dogs. Tehy definitely look as if they have a good life.
Are you going to replace Miss Mille?

Allmycke said...

*they
*Millie
that should teach me to proof-read before I hit Enter!

Arvay said...

Thanks! Nah; After the rats and bunnies, I think I'm through with unconventional pets. Dogs are the easiest and lowest maintenance for my lifestyle, and their longer life expectancies mean less frequent heartbreak.

flying fish said...

We get our produce by barge, thank goodness! We do have an overstock of R.V.s waiting to escape, for a while all roads out of here and Whitehorse were washed out. Glad to not be trying to take an epic road trip this summer.

Love the tired dog photos, makes my dog loving heart so happy!

I have new neighbors with many "more important" responsibilities so I get to get me so old dog love from their 11 year old goober dog. Yay!

mdr said...

Good idea to always keep a few small bags of frozen peas/carrots/corns in your frig.

Rena said...

Poor G has to camp out with the doggies on the floor and he doesn't even get a pillow!? Does he at least get fresh cantaloupe and some dandelion greens? ;)

Arvay said...

LOL@ Rena. G fell asleep cuddling doggies. As one is wont to do.