nopin

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Beautiful day

Days like this make me want to take off and go skiing.


It's nice to have more daylight nowadays though. If I want to take off early and take a quick round with the girls, I only have to leave by 4 instead of by 2, the way I have to near the Winter Solstice.

But seeing a day like this and then heading into a windowless lab is just heartbreaking, especially knowing that you have two furry companions who won't even get to see this day, since you took them for a run in the dark and then won't be home until after dark.

I wonder if the girls think that being effectively nocturnal is part of their retirement.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be back inside before getting dark and colder. BE SAFE.

Anonymous said...

Those exact sentiments remind me of why I moved from Seattle. It was so oddly depressing when a random sunny clear day fell on a weekday, a work day, and you knew it would not happen again for awhile.

Arvay said...

Sunny days here aren't random, though. They occur pretty much from equinox to equinox. The problem is that there is no snow in Summer, and very little snow in Fall, so that leaves me with only late Winter and early Spring to have guaranteed good skiing AND a lot of daylight. That means NOW, so I have this constant sense of desperation. :)

The meteorology people are predicting a normal next Summer, so I hope that means no incessant rain!