nopin

Thursday, February 5, 2009

OMG!

I budgeted this entire afternoon to fix a piece of equipment that was down, but I fixed it in under five minutes. And this was a stunningly beautiful afternoon, with a golden sun shining in a sapphire sky. So I thought, God must be trying to tell me something, so I took a couple of hours off to take the girls to the river for a quick skijor. A few minutes after we left, a giant puppy came bounding to us and tangled up our lines, so I took off my skis to untangle them, and then I couldn't put them back on! I think the relatively warm snow was faster to fuse into ice today, and there was ice all over my bindings! I managed to scrape one clean (while the girls waited so patiently and so sweetly), but not the other, so I hooked back up to them and skijored back. On one leg. While carrying my other ski.

Now we can be like those water skiing stunt people I used to see at Marine World when I was a kid! Only, on snow! And with dogs!

Oh tough call, though. Are huskies cuter or dolphins?

2 comments:

Alaskan Dave Down Under said...

I'm votin' fer da huskies!

Arvay said...

So does Linden! Linden is the absolute cutest creature on earth, according to Linden. :)