nopin

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Conference photos

I totally just won an award at an awards banquet for being the only conference attendee to do my research via dog team! Here are a few photos.

Here I am with my adviser:


Here I am with the PR lady who'd been snapping with her camera almost non-stop. I finally got her to get to the other side of a camera!


Here my adviser and I are goofing off with another conference technical committee member. I won't name names since we are being so silly and I'm not sure if they want to be publicly searchable via these photos:



7 comments:

mdr said...

I LOVE those pictures

mdr said...

Where in Fairbanks did you find such a beautifully fitted and designed dress?!

bt said...

I agree with mudder. Where did you get that dress? Gorgeous!

Arvay said...

Macys.com

LOL

I detest shopping and have come to embrace online commerce. :) The only thing you have to look out for is the inflated vanity sizing. Measure yourself, look at the size chart, then order one size down. They totally lie!

Arvay said...

Oh, and the model who wore that dress on macys.com was probably in her mid 50's, so I figure I'm good to go for the next several decades. Yay for minimizing shopping!

TwoYaks said...

Wow, your science people dress up more than my science people! Ecology or wildlife conferences are all blue jeans and old button front shirts.

That does it, I'm bringing back the bow tie.

Rena said...

TwoYaks,
Bow ties are cool. And a fez. Fezzes are cool.

(hoping I am not the only Dr Who fan here)