nopin

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The solo meal

It upsets me when people say they can't or won't cook for themselves, so when their significant other is traveling, or when they don't have a significant other, they eat either takeout or lousy sandwiches, or, even sadder, nothing.

This is my default single girl meal:


1) Boil vermicelli. While it is cooking:
2) Dice some green onions and/or cilantro. Put them in a large bowl with a dash each of sesame oil, white pepper, and rooster sauce.
3) When noodles are done, add them to the bowl. Then use the same pot to heat some bouillon. Add any veggie(s) you like to the boiled bouillon.
4) Fry two eggs while the above is occurring.
5) Assemble.

God is in the details. I also have:
1) Good reading.
2) A glass of wine.

7 comments:

b said...

mudder says that. that's why she eats like a bird.

mdr said...

One of my happiest thing in life is to see you eat well ;-)

Arvay said...

I eat like a bird, too.

Like a raven, that is. :)

Rena said...

I wholeheartedly agree to everything...except for the reading. What kind of crazy physics are you reading?? Yeah yeah, I know it's interesting and fun to you so I can't give you too much grief, but really...I'm going to subscribe you to the National Enquirer or Cat Fancy or something, ha ha!

Christy M said...

That looks yummy!

Arvay said...

Physics Today. Actually, I only skim that one as it's way over my head. My favorite trade mags are the ASME and ASM rags. But don't overestimate me. I like trashy women's mags, too, only I reserve those for when I am on an airplane or some other form of torture that I think has earned me some brain candy for compensation. :)

flying fish said...

Similar bowl of food here but I swap the noodles for brown rice or quinoa, my current favorite bowl-food love.