nopin

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Not bad, not bad...

... I could live with this.







The shock of going directly from a camping trip to Los Anchorage was greatly mitigated by spending a stunningly, breathtakingly beautiful evening kayaking Portage Lake to Portage Glacier with an Anchorage friend.

It's so hot and still at home and so cool and breezy in Anchorage, and with that stunning mountainous backdrop I feel like Los Anchorage is attempting to woo me. But nooooo! I am a Northern girl, and that means that Fairbanks wins my heart over Anchorage, and San Francisco wins it over Los Angeles. Just wait until winter, when I am skiing every day and Anchorage comes above freezing and turns into mush and gush! pppplllfffffttt! :P

Edited to add: BEHBEHRHINO!!!

3 comments:

Allmycke said...

Yeah, I hear you.
I spent a week in central Sweden with relatives and loved every minute of it, but coming back home to the North was really sweet.

Allmycke said...

Here's a picture for you. Reindeer calves about 10 weeks old.
http://fireweedroots.wordpress.com/2013/08/01/bilbo/

Arvay said...

OMG they are so cute and knobby-kneed and fuzzywuzzywuzzy!