nopin

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Evacuation order for Two Rivers

Autumn and Linden's former hometown is now under an evacuation order as the fire has spread to 40,000 acres and is threatening to jump the road and the river, both of which firefighters had been trying to prevent.

This is bad. This is very bad. There are a loooooot of farms, farm animals, and dog teams out there. I sure hope everyone gets out safely and arranges care for their animals. However, I've heard a looooot of stories of animals being abandoned without care under less harrowing circumstances. Please keep your fingers crossed for humans, pets, and homes! This, my friends, is why although I am tempted by every cute face at the animal shelter, I keep my numbers down. Some people may have big enough hearts and strong enough souls that they can be responsible for 60 dogs, but I am not one of those people. I like to know that I can throw everyone and even everything I love into my car on a moment's notice, and--touch wood--I can. I'd grab Autumn and Linden, my passport, my purse, food, water, spare clothes, the wool blanket off my couch, an axe, a hatchet, and my camping stuff, and I'm good to go.

The other fire, the one near Skinny Dick's (but which the media has to call the "Skinny's Road fire" because snicker), has been contained. Thank goodness!

2 comments:

mdr said...

Also include your cell phone and that earthquake bag I brought to you.

How about tape a "list for emergency exit" on your door so you don't have to think if any emergency.

Arvay said...

That is a good idea!