nopin

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Misc

Here is the Tanana today:

Yup, no more skiing on it.

Whole wheat fettucine with smoked salmon and asparagus in cream sauce, topped with capers:

I'm not sure where this dish started, but it seems to be a staple in a lot of restaurants in the Bay Area.

And in other news, nine years ago today, Bunn arrived at my door, a newly-abandoned Easter bunny. He was so very, very cute that when no-one claimed him, I decided to keep him.





It's our bunniversary!
It's our bunniversary!
Happy, happy, happy, happy, happy bunniversary!

Here he is guarding the Cave of Caerbannog:


ARGH!

"What, behind the rabbit?

"It is the rabbit!"

7 comments:

mdr said...

Yap, Bunn was once cute.

Christy Mesker said...

Happy bunniversary! I never believed you of the evil ways of bunns until we got one ourselves. I will never doubt you again! ;)

Debs said...

Is it really nine years since Bunn arrived? It feels recent and long ago, both at once (I bet he makes you feel like that as well lol).

It probably also means you're one of the people I've known longest online without having met in real life.

Happy Gotcha Day, Bunn!

blippir said...

smoked salmon and cream sauch. BLEEEEEEECH

Arvay said...

What about cream sauce, then? Does that sound any more appealing than cream sauch? ;)

molly said...

now i want a rabbit. just yesterday I saw a couple pulling into the dairy queen drive thru and the woman was holding a rabbit. i thought to myself, I could be friends with people who take their rabbit for ice cream.

Arvay said...

No, Molly! No! Rabbits are evil! They are minions from the netherworld, put in a cute little furry suit to seduce us into giving them cilantro!