nopin

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Spring has sprung

in earnest, now. Today I took my last ski down the river with the girls. The snow was slushy, and there was a patch of open water on the South-facing side of the river. So that's it for us. I have no intention of going swimming in skis!

I spent a good part of today putting away my Winter clothes and taking out some Summer clothes. Away go the ski pants (*sniff* *sniff*), the Sorels, the heavy gloves and mittens, the thick wool sweaters, the merino wool base layers, and the silk long underwear. Out come the unlined shoes, the hiking boots (yeah!), the T-shirts, the rain shell, and the older, threadbare jeans that I like to wear in Summer. I came upon, and realized that I hadn't worn, the warmer boots I had excitedly purchased on deep discount last Summer. I also hadn't worn my heavy insulated jacket all this past Winter. I relied entirely upon adding more sweaters under my lighter coat, and I was warmer and more comfortable that way.

The girls are starting to shed, so I gave them a quick run-through with the curry comb and the little rake thingy, but only came up with this:


Here they are relaxing in the house.


And what have we here? The first behbeh reindeer of the season for the campus reindeer herd!

Awwwwwwww! Behbeh reindeer! I wish I could hold him.

Happy Easter, everybody! Bunn and Millie were up all last night dyeing and delivering eggs. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know why you did not have to wear those heavy-duty boots and clothing? The globle warming.