nopin

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

My neighbor's dogs

These are our neighbor's dogs. His cabin is next to and parallel to ours, so when I go to the outhouse, I can see his dogs behind his house. They are very vocal and love to bark and howl. My friends misjudge them by this and think they are mean, but they are not, just vocal. They are 11 years old and still healthy and strong. Alaskan dogs tend to be very healthy into old age, and I don't know whether it's environment or genes. Two of Autumn and Linden's brothers were given to friends as pups. This family moved to New England and kept the dogs as more conventional American house pets. They recently returned to Fairbanks, and the two dogs appear to be much older than Autumn, Linden, and the rest of their siblings. They are on special "geriatric" foods and have various health issues. But anyway back to my neighbors...

This is the girl. I forgot what her name is, but her humans call her "princess." This is the one that Linden wants always to attack. On her account, Linden is not allowed outside the house off-leash when Princess is out.


This is her brother. I don't recall his name at all. He's a really sweet guy. He was never taught not to jump on people, so he jumps on people to say hi, but he does it so gently. He puts a paw on either of my shoulders without leaning any of his weight, and gives me a politely unsloppy kiss on the cheek.


Autumn and Linden's former mom thinks that these two might be Mackenzie River huskies.

3 comments:

Debs said...

Such gorgeous dogs. I really must come to Alaska, huskies on every corner!

mdr said...

Princess has a pink nose and is very cute

The Enforcer said...

Cutest. Dogs. EVAR! Well, next to Autumn and Linden, of course