nopin

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Seeds

I've started all of mine today, in Dixie cups in my office. I put in basil, several types of early tomatoes, sweet peas, shelling beans, and eggplant. Also some zucchinis and yellow summer squash, and several types of winter squash and sugar pumpkin. I'd like to be able to do leafy greens, but I figure I can hardly beat what they sell at the farmer's market, and I just don't have the space.

In other news, Autumn and Linden's former family is going to have puppies! Autumn's replacement, the current leader, a girl named Arrow, was bred to a stud from outside the farm. His name escapes me at the moment, but he is a son of Zorro, Lance Mackey's former lead dog, who is now retired after extensive surgeries to fix him up after he was hit by a snowmachine. I can't wait to meet them! Yay puppies! I'll get to cuddle them ALL but not have to feed, potty train, nor clean up after ANY! Yay! :)

3 comments:

Miss E. said...

We have also started our garden on the sunny coast - tomatoes, beets, peppers, herbs, squash, and some other undecided stuff. Happy growing!

mdr said...

I met an old retired Husky in Los Altos yesterday, his name was Juno. He was from Juno, AK and his human dad wore a t-shirt printed with "BASH" on it - Bay Area Siberian Husky. The man said Juno does well and still enjoys pulling the sleigh (the group does some kind of sleigh activity somewhere I guess)

mdr said...

Other people's puppy -- don't forget no vet bills too