nopin

Monday, May 10, 2010

Behbeh fuzzy behbehs and lambos and behbehs!

Yesterday was the best day ever for fuzzy things. The Farmer's Market opened for the summer, and for opening day, they had a petting zoo. Certain friends of mine were there, partially growned up. There were also woolly woollies from White Fireweed Farm.

Duckies!


Woollies!


Behbeh human meets behbeh woollies:


Then I headed to Calypso Farm to meet the new lambos.

Awwww... he's shy.


Sunning themselves. They are already bouncing and binkying!


Sabrina nursing. Sabrina's funny, isn't she?


Bridget's a happy mama:


She smiles at her behbehs:


And who can blame her?


I got to hug a lambo!


And of course I had to make my obligatory goat visit:

4 comments:

Alaena said...

Awwww! Love the critters!

Just found your blog! Love seeing another Alaskan blogger!

mdr said...

Sabrina has under bite :-)

Rena said...

Wheeee, such a wonderful spring. Looks like folks are wearing short sleeves in your photos. I guess that means it's, what, 60? ;)
Hey, I met a Malamute owner this past weekend that said that everyone up in her area (Napa) makes wool yarn and knits out of Malamute fur!! She doesn't herself, but she says it's all the rage up in wine country. Apparently you use the soft down that's on the doggies' chests and bellies? I didn't quite understand but it sounded interesting. I wonder if you could do such a thing with your huskies....
And you would have appreciated her humor - she named her Malamute "Luna I-Lean" because she's Luna and she leans against people (She's 103lbs and can push you over) - it's inherent to the breed. "Hi, I'm Luna. I-Lean!"

Arvay said...

I'd love to have a giant like a newfie or a malamute, and yes, they are very cuddly, but they have shorter life expectancies and are prone to a host of health problems that even slightly smaller dogs avoid.

And yes, I could easily save the girls' undercoats when I comb them out and spin it into yarn; there is a lady here who sells husky hats at the farmer's market. But I wonder if you'd smell like a dog when it rained!