nopin

Saturday, May 15, 2010

My Commute

This is my view during my commute:





Here is the last piece of log of my Giving Tree. The tree had died standing last Summer, so I had it cut down so it wouldn't fall on the cabin. Then finally last week I had that nice man come cut it to lengths for me, and I split it last night. It took me about 4 hours, a quart of water, two bowls of chicken rice soup, and a fried egg sandwich.



See how it split clean in two? That is a great wedge! I love everything Estwing makes, and I wish they made more stuff instead of just a limited product line. But I have their hammer, axe, and wedge, and I'm absolutely drooling over their beautiful little hatchet. But how could I justify buying a little hatchet? What would I do with it?

Here is my pile, as I'm about two thirds done. That was a big tree! Thank you, tree, for giving your life so I could burn you for warmth, and use your stump for picnics and for splitting wood.

1 comment:

mdr said...

Beautiful commute! Nice road, unlike where I live.